Addis Video Art Festival intends to provide a platform for innovative video art in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The festival will screen throughout the city in a variety of locations including street corners, rooftops, public centers and art centers. By sharing video art in both conventional and non-conventional settings, the festival will reach both the artist community and the everyday passerby. The festival aims to create a dialogue between local, and international artists by encouraging digital media culture.
Theme: Love Triangle
[g1_quote author_name=”Addis Video Art Festival” author_description_format=”%link%” align=”center” size=”m” style=”solid” template=”01″]
triangulation: a method of finding a distance or location by measuring the distance between two points whose exact location is known and then measuring the angles between each point and a third unknown point”
In continuation of its first addition “New Home”, Addis Video Art Festival is seeking video art shorts that interpret the notion of a “LOVE TRIANGLE”.
“Love Triangle” implies a connection and ties between three entities; the subject and two objects. Due to a surge in development, many residents of the city of Addis Ababa will be relocating to new neighborhoods. For those who move their sense of belonging is no longer singular, instead they are tied between yesterday and today, here and there.
The festival seeks works that translate new positions that are created from the experience of moving or changing between place, time and or identity.
Regulation and Guidelines
– Open to national and international artists
– Submission deadline August, 01 2016
– Free submission
– Theme: “Love Triangle”
– Single channel videos only
– Works must be made within the past 3 years
– If the work uses a language other than English, it must be subtitled in English
– Maximum duration 15 minutes
– Two works may be submitted per artist/ requiring a separate entry form per submission /Download entry here: http://addisvideoartfestival.net/AVAF16-entry_form
– Preview links (to Vimeo, YouTube or a personal website) should be sent to email@example.com with password if required
– Selected artist will be notified by Nov 1st at which point a screening copy will be requested
[g1_button link=” www.addisvideoartfestival.net” linking=”default” size=”l” type=”standard” style=”simple” text_color=”#ffffff” background_color=”#1e73be”]Apply Now[/g1_button]