Week jammed packed with creative events at the Loeries. Here is a highlight of some of the events we attended. Congratulations to all 2012 Loerie winners. Click here to view the results and full credits.
The focus of the awards is to recognise and reward the best examples of brand communication in our region. The role of the jury is to reward excellence and to inspire greater things; the aim of the judging process is to seek out work and ideas that are exceptional, out of the ordinary.
All work is judged according to five criteria:
- An innovative concept, bringing new and fresh thinking;
- Excellent execution;
- Relevance to the brand;
- Relevance to the target audience;
- Relevance to the chosen medium;
Work must meet the first criterion, “an innovative concept, bringing new and fresh thinking” to be considered for a Loerie award. Work that excels in all the above criteria – work that is judged to be effective communication by the jury – represents Creative Excellence and will be rewarded with the highest accolade, a Loerie Award.
Egg Films Judges Wrap Party
The Cullinan Hotel[scrollGallery id=4]
International Seminar on Creativity
The highly anticipated Loeries Seminar with international guest speakers, including the four jury chairmen.
- Tony Granger, Global Chief Creative Officer, Y&R, New York
- David Nobay, Creative Chairman, Droga5, Sydney
- Chris Lee, Founder & Creative Director, Asylum, Singapore
- Alex Schill, Global Chief Creative Officer, Serviceplan Group, Hamburg
- John Hunt, Worldwide Creative Director, TBWA\ Worldwide, Johannesburg
- Cecelia Wogan-Silva, Director of Independent Ad Agency Relations, Google, USA
- Three global brand leaders via Google Hangout – includingJames Hurman, author of The Case for Creativity andManaging Director of Y&R New Zealand; John OKeefe, Worldwide Creative Director of WPP; and Keith Weed, Chief Marketing & Communication Officer of Unilever.
The legendary Chairman’s Party at Jade Lounge
Student Portfolio Day
Selected students from SAs top tertiary institutions display their best work to the industry.[scrollGallery id=7]
Mayor’s Media Brunch[scrollGallery id=8]
Loeries Awards : Saturday[scrollGallery id=9]
Marie Claire Party[scrollGallery id=11]
Loeries Awards : Sunday[scrollGallery id=10]
MTV Official Party[scrollGallery id=12]
Special Thanks to 2012 Loeries Awards organizers.